We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We’ve recently announced our latest title, Phantom: Covert Ops, a stealth action game redefined for virtual reality and once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
We are looking for an experienced Network Programmer to connect our next generation of players in all of our VR games. We want good communicators who can plan, steer and review multiplayer features in our games. If you are looking for your next challenge and want to bring social VR gameplay to life then our Tech Director, Grant, would like to hear from you.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Writing robust and scalable network code for exciting AAA-quality VR games.
- Harnessing Unreal Engine 4 to bring social VR gameplay to life, writing code for game client and server.
- Working with our production team to plan, steer and review multiplayer features.
- Mentoring gameplay programmers to ensure their code is network-friendly, and can be replicated and simulated efficiently in the right locations.
- An experienced programmer who’s self-motivated, a team player and takes on complex tasks to produce results quickly.
- A proven track-record contributing to published PC, console or mobile titles.
- A communicative engineer, able to articulate technical system design to programmers or summarise for non-technical stakeholders.
- An advanced knowledge-base of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
- Someone adept at profiling and optimising multiplayer systems.
- If you have Unreal Engine 4 experience, or are familiar with cloud-based service providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure - that would be ideal too!
Our open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
This is a permanent role based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, which is an easy commute from Guildford and London. Salary is dependent on your experience. If you’re interested, then we’d be delighted to you to get in touch! Send us your CV via the link or send us an email to [email protected]