We’re nDreams, one of the world’s leading independent VR developers. You may know us from our recent titles Shooty Fruity and The Assembly, or even as a leading developer back on PlayStation Home and we can’t wait to show everyone what we’re up to next. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Programmer to guide our next generation of quality VR games through the full dev cycle, from prototyping to launch! Principals at nDreams have a deep understanding of their discipline and are skilled at technical design, able to plan projects and lead teams through thick and thin. Whether you’re an experienced lead looking for a new challenge, or a senior coder at the top of your discipline looking to make more impact on development, our technical director Grant would love to hear from you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Designing and directing high quality, scalable features for our exciting AAA-quality VR games.
- Applying specialist knowledge and experience to cutting-edge feature and system development.
- Working with production team to plan, steer and review code work across a project.
- Guiding a code team in the production of clean, efficient and reusable code.
- Driving the technical quality of gameplay, systems and visuals throughout our products.
- An experienced generalist who’s self-motivated, a team player and takes the lead on complex tasks to produce results quickly.
- Proven track-record programming high quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles, along with authoring efficient and scalable game systems.
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring other coders.
- A thorough knowledge of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- An advanced knowledge base of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
- If you have VR development and Unreal experience, that would be ideal too!
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…