Graphics Programmer - VR Games
nDreams are the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality (VR) games & experiences. We’re looking to grow our Development team to help ensure that our range of upcoming releases are huge commercial successes.
We’re looking to hire a Graphics Programmer who has passion, honesty and the desire to achieve great things. The Graphics Programmer will report to the Code Manager.
Core Role Expectations
Your day to day activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of rendering solutions working closely with Art and Design.
- Implement modern graphical rendering solutions in our internal and third party engines, for both high end and mobile platforms.
- Optimise and maintain graphical performance of our products.
- Work with Art to create performance profiles and budgets for all our target platforms.
- Flexibility to work on other general areas of code due to demands of business.
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Results oriented approaches and thinking
- Self-motivated and able to dive into a complex system with quick results
- Must be able to communicate and work well with a team of similarly passionate and skilled individuals
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Have experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine, with 1+ published title on PC or a current generation console
- Unreal Engine 4 or Unity 5 experience a plus
- £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- Full time, permanent contract
- Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- Pension scheme.
- Share Option scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- Regular staff outings and social events