We are nDreams, one of the world’s largest developers/publishers solely focused on creating VR games and experiences. We’re looking for a talented Community Manager to support our internally developed titles, along with building our company presence in the wider market.
The Community Manager will be responsible for nDreams’ global messaging and community through appropriate channels and events. They will also work closely with agencies and the Marketing Manager to define and execute global engagement strategy, all with an aim to maintain and develop a positive image of nDreams and its titles.
The successful candidate will have an interest in gaming in all its forms and will be able to build a strong connection with the community - the role allows a degree of creative freedom to make that happen.
The role will be based at our Farnborough studio, just 30 minutes from London. There is huge potential for growth for the right candidate, and it may suit a talented, experienced and driven community manager looking to expand their remit and grow in responsibility.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Take ownership for content updates to all aspects of nDreams’ social media and communication channels – whether it be game related or company messaging. Ensure high quality engaging and emotive content is regularly delivered across all channels with a consistent style and tone.
- Manage engagement on forums and social channels, responding timely where appropriate.
- Build close relationships between nDreams and key influencers on Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and other relevant platforms.
- Work closely with agencies and the Marketing Manager to ensure all plans compliment the overall marketing strategy.
- Where needed develop relationships with key press/media (specialist, tech, national, etc.) to secure and grow media coverage. This may be in partnership with a PR agency
- Attendance at relevant events, as required, and serve as a spokesperson at consumer-facing events or interviews.
- Deliver regular coverage, engagement, performance and other key metric reports to key stakeholders.
- Continually advise on relevant best practices regarding all aspects of marketing, PR and social communication, ensuring nDreams stay ahead of the game.
Key Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a community/social media manager within video games or similar entertainment brand.
- Passion for both videogames and virtual reality is essential.
- A relevant degree in English, communications, marketing or related subjects.
- Excellent command of grammar, write engaging copy to tell emotive brand stories.
- Knowledge of social media, platforms and emergent trends is essential.
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant analytics and insights.
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.
- Self-motivated, driven to excel with a can-do attitude and demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
- Eager to learn and a desire to continue to further develop your skills and knowledge as a communications/marketing professional.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience using website CMS (e.g. Wordpress, Silverstripe), and Adobe Photoshop is a bonus.
- Willingness to travel when necessary to support events
Salary & Terms
- Dependent on experience
- Full time, permanent contract
- Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- Pension scheme
- Share Option scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Core Hours
- 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 x duvet days & your birthday)
- Regular staff outings and social events