Freelance 3D Artist - in-house, VR Games
This is an amazing opportunity for a 3D artist with 2+ years game development experience to join us here at nDreams on a 6 month in-house contract. You will help deliver incredible models and build awesome looking environments for exciting projects in VR.
We are looking for someone with the ability to build exceptional environment assets to a high standard, within the constraints of the VR platform. You will also be required to construct scenes using those assets with a strong eye for composition and efficiency, whilst working within structural guidelines laid down by project requirements. Any lighting experience would be a big advantage.
If you can absorb and act upon art direction, work quickly and show passion in creating quality 3d art then we’d love to hear from you
You will work alongside the existing environment art team so communication skills, both visual and verbal are key.
- Direction will come from the studio Art Director and Principal Artist as your work must integrate seamlessly into the project. The ability to take and act upon direction, and an understanding of different art styles is therefore required.
- The ability to take and act upon as directed from the Art Director and/or Principal Artist
- To create 3D assets in a variety of different art styles
- Create and maintain fully textured 3D prop and modular assets, and to be undaunted working with large-scale locations
- Optimisation work in reducing polygons and materials and combining assets when necessary
- 2+ years of experience working in the games industry
- Unreal Engine 4 experience – from asset importing, material creation, LOD setup and scene building/ editing
- An experienced user of Maya
- Experience with the optimisation of assets and scenes to create an as efficient as possible final product within the tight constraints of VR
- Experience in creating full environments in Unreal
- Strong communication skills
- Good English skills both verbal and written
- Strong visualisation skills when directed to use a particular art style or concept
- To show understanding towards others
- A demonstrable understanding of the creation of textured 3D assets, from start to finish
- In-depth understanding of Maya (modelling, UVing and texturing), ZBrush and Photoshop
- Good time management skills with the ability to work within time budgets
- Solid skills in hard surface modelling
- A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into the environment
- Ability to work within an established team and receive constructive feedback on their own work
- Lighting experience in Unreal
- Post processes
- Using component assets to build scenes with an eye for composition
- Unity experience
- Language of photography and cinematography
- Games Industry experience in 3D art
nDreams was founded with the desire to develop amazing, creative experiences that capture people’s imaginations. All this from a team that focuses on honesty, collaboration and a sensible work-life balance.
Terms of Contract
Freelance, full-time contract (6 months)
Rate, dependent on experience
Location – Farnborough, Hampshire, UK